It has become more and more popular in many households to grow Reishi at home since it takes only 3 months from purchasing the spawn to taking care of the mushroom to be able to harvest the first mushroom ears. The following article of Pham Le Nguyen mushroom presents specifically the time and the method to harvest mushrooms properly.
1. Stages of growing Reishi mushrooms
There are 2 main stages in growing Reishi mushrooms:
1.1 Stage 1: Prepare seed bags
Includes the following stages: mushroom spawns bag preparation, mushroom spawns production, packing and waiting for mycelium
It takes 3-4 weeks and the stage occurs at the spawns’ production site. However, depending on the weather, environment, mushroom growing house, mushroom varieties, …, the time can last up to 20-30 days.
1.2 Phase 2: Taking care and harvesting mushrooms
It takes 2-3 months from planting mushrooms until harvesting. Thus, the total time to grow Reishi mushroom from grain transplantation to harvest is about 4 months. However, in case you purchase mushroom spawns, it only takes about 3 months to harvest.
2. When is the right time to harvest Reishi mushrooms?
As mushrooms are mature, it is the right time to harvest Reishi mushroom.
The characteristics of mature Reishi mushrooms are:
- Mushroom ears are fully developed, there is no white border around the edge.
- The outer edge and the center of the mushroom cap have the same color.
- The surface of the mushroom ear appears a layer of brown spores, similar to a thin layer of dust as touch.
- Mushrooms have a mild, dark odor.
By this point, we can harvest the Reishi mushroom. Mushrooms should not be harvested young because medicinal values are not gained at a premature stage. Also, it should not take a long time to collect mushroom since after 5-7 days, there are new mushroom ears leading to longer harvesting time and affecting the quality of mushroom spawns.
3. How to properly harvest Reishi mushroom
It is quite simple to harvest Reishi mushroom”
- Hold the foot of the mushroom or the mushroom cluster (from the bottom up so you don’t touch the top of the mushroom’s ear).
- Gently remove the mushroom’s foot or mushroom’s cluster horizontally.
- After the foot has broken, gently remove it.
- Clean the remaining stem parts in the spawn so that it does not lead to rotten parts affecting the coming harvest.
4. Buy Reishi mushrooms at Mushroom Pham Le Nguyen
Pham Le Nguyen Mushroom provides Reishi mushroom spawn for households wanting to grow Reishi mushroom at home. We also provide Reishi mushrooms in raw / sliced form to suit your needs.
Pham Le Nguyen one-member limited liability company- proud to be a supplier of high quality MATERIALS COOKING, ensuring the criteria CLEAN – SAFE – MULTIPLE SUBSTANCES, in accordance with Vietnamese organic standards.
Coming to Pham Le Nguyen Mushroom, you not only get quality red Reishi Mushroom, you also receive enthusiastic instructions for use, support and advice from an experienced team of the company.
You can find quality Reishi mushroom products here