Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi or Reishi) has long been considered a valuable medicinal herb for supporting the treatment of many different diseases. Over the years, people believe that Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi or Reishi mushroom) is beneficial for improving health, supporting the treatment of many dangerous diseases such as cancer, dyslipidemia, diabetes, obesity, stress …
How many types of Ganoderma Lucidum?
In nature, Ganoderma Lucidum exists in many different shapes: round shape, a hat shape, some like a kidney, some like a deer horn … Presented below are different ways to classify Ganoderma Lucidum
I. Based on origin
Based on its origins, there are following types:
1. Vietnamese Ganoderma lucidum:
Vietnamese scientists found mushroom species in the wild, then they isolated, propagated, cultivated and developed commercially for production scale.
These Ganoderma lucidum varieties are suitable with Vietnamese climate, and its medicinal content is similar to imported ones. These include the DT red Reishi mushroom of the Institute of Agricultural Genetics, Da Lat Red Ganoderma lucidum.
2. Korean Reishi mushroom:
The worldwide famous Ganoderma lucidum types come from the land of kimchi. The advantage of Korean reishi mushroom is its variety in terms of mushroom types. The mushrooms are particularly cultivated by modern methods and specially processed to bring high nutritional value (a few are also derived from nature but all tested for quality).
The most famous Korean Reishi mushrooms are: Red Ganoderma lucidum , yellow Ganoderma lucidum , Royal Korea Phellinus Linteus mushroom, Ganoderma applanatum …
Currently, Korean Ganoderma lucidum products are very popular worldwide.
3. Chinese Ganoderma lucidum:
Ganoderma lucidum is kidney-shaped, yellow-brown or yellowish-gray color. The mushroom is spongy. If you press on the upper face, the mushroom itself is soft and the flesh on the underside develops a brown/tan bruise when pressed.
4. Japanese Ganoderma lucidum:
Most Japanese Ganoderma lucidum is red reishi mushroom. This is also the latest purebred manmade mushroom. The mushroom ears are thicker and much stiffer than the Vietnamese Ganoderma, the underside is lemon yellow. The time to grow Japanese Reishi mushrooms is twice as long as other types of Reishi in the world. When drinking, it also tastes bitter than other Lingzhi mushrooms.
- Black Ganoderma (Ganoderma Subresinosum): also known as Heizhi, or Hac Chi and Huyen Chi in Vietnamese. Its color is black, and the taste is salty. Due to its balanced nature, it can treat urinary retention, and it is beneficial to the kidney.
- Yellow Ganoderma Lucidum (Phellinus linteus): Also known as huangzhi or Hoàng Chi and Kim Chi in Vietnamese. Its color is yellow. Due to its balanced and non-toxic nature, it has anti anxiety effects and is beneficial to the spleen.
- Red Ganoderma (Meiki red reishi): Also known as chizhi, or Xich Chi and Don Chi in Vietnamese. Its color is red and the taste is bitter. Due to its neutral and balanced nature, it improves memory, and tonics blood. It is good for the cardiovascular system, can treat dyspnea, and chest pain …
- Purple Ganoderma: Also known as zizhi or Tu Chi and Moc chi in Vietnamese. The color is purple, and the taste is sweet. Due to its neutral and balanced nature, it is especially beneficial for pain in joints and tendons.
- White Ganoderma: Also known as baizhi or Bach chi and Ngoc chi in Vietnamese. The mushroom’ color is white and the taste is spicy. Due to its balanced nature and non-toxic nature, it is beneficial to the lungs, and can clear the nose and cure bad coughs. It has anti anxiety effects and enhances the nervous system’ function.
- Green Ganoderma Lucidum: Also known as qingzhi or Thanh Chi and Long chi in Vietnamese. The mushroom’s color is green and has a sour taste. Thanh chi is used in cases of blurred vision since it has the effect of brightening the eyes, toning the liver, detoxifying the liver, helping to stabilize the nervous system, improve memory …
III. What types of Reishi mushroom are the best?
Red and black reishi mushrooms are considered the most effective and powerful of the 6 above types and are widely used. Red Ganoderma has many health benefits because it strengthens the immune system, improves health, and anti-aging. Red Ganoderma is the standard type to distinguish it from other types of Ganoderma.
Polysaccharide and Triterpenoid active ingredients in Ganoderma lucidum are higher than other types of reishi mushroom, so Ganoderma lucidum has anti-cancer effects, increases immunity, lowers blood sugar, inhibits cholesterol biosynthesis, anti-allergic, stabilize blood pressure, protect liver, reduce stress….
Drinking Ganoderma Lucidum juice regularly can help cancer patients improve their condition visibly and improve their resistance to disease.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE HIGH QUALITY RED REISHI MUSHROOM
In terms of color: the Natural red Ganoderma lucidum has a crimson color, and looks rudimentary.
About thickness: The thickness of Ganoderma lucidum is moderate, neither too thick nor too thin, but there are enough rings on the surface.
About the surface: the surface should be covered with a layer of reddish-brown spores, natural savor, and it should be smooth as touched.
Based on the above criteria to help customers identify good Ganoderma products, at the same time need to consult and buy mushrooms at reputable locations to ensure product quality.